Address

Elder Samuel Mischa Chun
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi-ochiai,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
161-0031
Japan

If you mail a package, you also need to list a phone number:
81 3-3952-6802

For those using www.dearelder.com:
You need no unit code or other information besides his mission: Japan-Tokyo (be sure not to click Japan-Tokyo south!)
You can continue to use this service if you load money to the account. Each time you send a letter through them, they charge you $1.10, which is the amount of an international stamp.

PLEASE WRITE TO ME!!!

When you write a letter to me, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, since it is much easier for me to respond by email!

Thanks so much!

Week 43 - May 12, 2014

Hello, Everyone! Happy Mother's Day!

Yeah. Crazy, right? Time is WAY too fast. I swear I was just barely
calling my family for Christmas. The super scary thing is that in just
2 months, my mission will be halfway done.

σ(^_^;)

How did time fly this quickly you ask? Of course because missionary
work is AWESOME!!! Cool miracles all around.

So last week we ran into a young man named Nozawa. He lived in the US
for 4 years and is a 16 year old. We asked him if he studies history.
He said yes. We asked him why he thinks that Jesus Christ made it into
the history books, because people are either usually really good or
really bad. He said, "I think he was good..." We then used Alma
7:11-13 to testify that Jesus Christ atoned for us, which is why he is
in the history books. Nozawa said, "Whaaat? that would be amazing if
this was true!"

Caught. But unlike in Pokemon, you don't wait 3 seconds to see if the
Pokemon is caught. You wait DAYS.

Guess who came to church this week? Even though he lives an hour away
(we didn't ask him haha)? Guess who wanted to know the difference
between churches? Who asked what it takes to be chosen as a prophet?
Who took a Book of Mormon and seemed totally cool with having his
contact info given to other missionaries in the area where he lives?

Yeah. God is doing His own work. All we did was tell Nozawa the truth
and he accepted it. That's one thing I've been learning a lot
recently. All missionary work is is telling people the truth. And the
fundamental principle of the gospel is love, as President Monson so
beautifully said in General Conference. We tell people the truth
because we love them.

And speaking of love, I have a poem for all you current, future,
potential, and expecting mothers. This is not MY poem, but it does
portray my feelings.

“The Name of Mother”
“The noblest thoughts my soul can claim.
The holiest words my tongue can frame,
Unworthy are to frame the name
More sacred than all other.
An infant when her love first came,
A man, I find it just the same:
Reverently I breathe her name—
The blessed name of mother.”
—George Griffith Fetter

Mothers? I pray that you know what a divine and irreplaceable
influence you are on your children. I know my mother is one of the
main reasons I went on a mission. From the cradle to the MTC, my
mother was there helping me all along the way. Maybe your children
don't show you how much they appreciate you. But one day they will
wake up, take a long, hard look at themselves and say, "All of the
good that is in me came in large effect due to my mother."

I know I do it almost every day in the field. And I know Father's Day
is a ways away, but since parents are one unit in the eyes of God, I
want to say this as well. Although my mother is one of the main
reasons I WENT on a mission, my Father is one of the main reasons I
not only STAY on a mission, but strive for excellence and success.
Thank you both, and I love you very much!

Peace out for another week.

--Elder Chun


No comments:

Post a Comment