Address

Elder Samuel Mischa Chun
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi-ochiai,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
161-0031
Japan

If you mail a package, you also need to list a phone number:
81 3-3952-6802

For those using www.dearelder.com:
You need no unit code or other information besides his mission: Japan-Tokyo (be sure not to click Japan-Tokyo south!)
You can continue to use this service if you load money to the account. Each time you send a letter through them, they charge you $1.10, which is the amount of an international stamp.

PLEASE WRITE TO ME!!!

When you write a letter to me, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, since it is much easier for me to respond by email!

Thanks so much!

Week 67, October 28, 2014

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I wrote. Sorry! Things have
been quite hectic.

Miracles!

So Keisuke. Keisuke totally wants baptism, but lives in a different
area. The problem is that he goes to school each day through our area
and has a free train ride to our church. So we needed the Stake
President's permission to make it work. Literally 10 seconds after we
have a meeting with the Stake President about, there is a call in the
Stake President's office. Now this is rare. Very few people have this
number. Turns out, it's Keisuke's mom. True, his mom is totally
against him being baptized. But crazy ridiculous miracles like that
just are God saying, "Hey Elders. I got your backs. Don't stress!"

Dane. Dane is a referral from a different area. He's super incredibly
shy and self-conscious (he's still in high school). He wants baptism
before the end of the transfer. We met him on Sunday and he says,
"Hey. I want baptism by Saturday." And we're like "Well... Let us
check ourYESSSSS."

Interesting experiences: I got hit by the most deadening wave of
sadness this week. I've always been aware in my mind that this is not
my work, but I have never been grateful for that fact up until now.
One of our investigators has been tricked by the craftiness of Satan
where he is against a God of justice completely, due to crazy
extremists that commit crimes in the "name of God". After a very
intense meeting with Mahea (that's his name), I was overcome with the
greatest wave of sadness for the world. Satan is really good at what
he does. And the front lines of missionary work are a bunch of 18-27
year-olds that aren't relying on the "source of our hope" as much as
we need, ought, and should. It was an interesting night, being filled
with sadness and deep gratitude at the omniscience of God at the same
time. I can't explain how badly I want to share the gospel now. I
understand that a mission is a time of preparation for a more
excellent work in the home and in our communities for when we return,
but I have never desired to do the will of God more in my life.

To be honest, I don't really enjoy sending my real feelings and
experiences to people over email. There have been a lot of times I
have tried to share them in person, and even then I have been laughed
at. I can't even explain how sad I was this last week. But I really
hope that someone can sense a bit of the sadness I felt and pray a
little bit more powerfully for a chance to share the light of Christ;
the light of the World; the light of our lives with those who are
sitting in darkness, doubting that there ever was a light to begin
with.

And if not, oh well. I'm going to keep sharing until the end of time.

Love you all! Have an excellent week!

(
^)


MATSUDO IS...
100% WHITE WITH A FULL COURT PRESS
ワイネガー長老とチャン長老
末日聖徒
イエス・キリスト
教会


No comments:

Post a Comment