Address

Elder Samuel Mischa Chun
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi-ochiai,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
161-0031
Japan

If you mail a package, you also need to list a phone number:
81 3-3952-6802

For those using www.dearelder.com:
You need no unit code or other information besides his mission: Japan-Tokyo (be sure not to click Japan-Tokyo south!)
You can continue to use this service if you load money to the account. Each time you send a letter through them, they charge you $1.10, which is the amount of an international stamp.

PLEASE WRITE TO ME!!!

When you write a letter to me, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, since it is much easier for me to respond by email!

Thanks so much!

Week 34 - March 9, 2014

Hello again, Everyone! We're back. I don't know about each of you, but
time is just getting faster and faster. Especially now that I have
myself a "Local boy" companion.

That's right. Rolling in Japan with a Hawaiian companion. We have TOO much fun.

Anyways, exciting experiences this week? I did something you can NEVER
do while in the U.S. (legally). I ate RAW WHALE.

Yeah that's right. The beef of the sea. Raw.

Anyways, miracles and miracles galore. The biggest one is that we know
this guy named Wildman Dan. He is a less-active member (we think [as
in he recalls being baptized when he was 6 by Gordon B. Hinckly, and
we can't find his records anywhere]), and is SUPER COOL. And Wild.
Like walks around with an indian-style jacket and a cowboy hat with
the sickest beard ever and an earring.

Anyways

So he is trying to quit smoking and drinking coffee. For the first
time in 30 years, he finally got some hope that he could. We are
trying to help him keep that hope and faith in the Savior, but because
it's an addiction and it's hard for him, he's kind of losing that
hope. We gave him a priesthood blessing, but I would truly appreciate
any and all prayers for this man (You can just pray for Wildman Dan.
His real name is really... reallly long.) He is truly one of the
sweetest, most sincere, and loneliest people I have ever met.

I beg you all, from the bottom of my soul, if you know someone who is
either in the church, investigating the church, or is trying to
separate themselves from the church because of the Word of Wisdom,
please please PLEASE just be their friend. Don't judge them by the
smell of the clothes or the color of their teeth. Don't be
condescending because they step out of sacrament meeting to smoke a
cigarette. When you see them, simply feel the love the Savior had for
them. And if you can't do that, please remember a simple but stunning
quote by an investigator of the church, who saw a less-active member
sitting by himself during church because he smelled like cigarettes.

"If my sins smelled like his sins, I wonder if people would do that to
me as well."

I know this email is a little bit heavier than most of my emails, but
I just felt like saying something so everyone opens their eyes a
little bit more to the wonderful truth that love transcends all
things.

Speaking of love, thanks again to all the people who are sending me
letters! I just want to give a personal thank you to Jessie Jones and
Lorin Chun for this last week! But I DO have to say that although I
love all of you very much, we are not allowed to spend missionary
funds on letters to anyone except family. Any and all letters sent to
others has to come out of my personal funds, which *cough* I don't
have.

I am really sorry. m(_ _)m <-- bowing man

But seriously. You are all fantastic. I wish you could see how much
Heavenly Father loves you. It's really a wonderful thing to wake up
each day and have all day to tell that to everyone.

Being a missionary is THE BEST.

--Elder Chun


No comments:

Post a Comment