Address

Elder Samuel Mischa Chun
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi-ochiai,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
161-0031
Japan

If you mail a package, you also need to list a phone number:
81 3-3952-6802

For those using www.dearelder.com:
You need no unit code or other information besides his mission: Japan-Tokyo (be sure not to click Japan-Tokyo south!)
You can continue to use this service if you load money to the account. Each time you send a letter through them, they charge you $1.10, which is the amount of an international stamp.

PLEASE WRITE TO ME!!!

When you write a letter to me, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, since it is much easier for me to respond by email!

Thanks so much!

Week 24 - December 29, 2013

Hello hello hello! For all those of you really following up with my blog (apparently I have a blog. Thank you, Jordan Liau, for letting me know!), I am now pretty much at my 25% benchmark. Crazy, eh? Time flies, and it's only getting faster. My companion, Elder Scoville from California, says it like this. "There are 2 days in the week. P-day and everything else."
 
That sounds wamp (wanpaku. look it up. It's a good japanese word), but he's right. The time flies on wings of lightning. You cannot call it back. (that's a hymn, for those of you who don't know).  
 
Anyway, miracles! So first off, there's been a scripture sustaining me all through this week: Ether 12:27. This week I have seen so many of my weaknesses, I have almost been overwhelmed. Only the words, "If men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness" has given me a hope that I am drawing closer to the Savior instead of just failing Him over and over again. Honestly, this week there weren't many obvious miracles. I was disappointed, because we didn't get an amazing Christmas miracle that I wanted, which was a golden investigator all wrapped up and ready for baptism. It was a bit harder too, because the other companionship of Elders DID get such an investigator. Oh well. The church is still true.
 
That being said, I have been trying really hard as a trainer to help my new missionary have the faith to find and do missionary work. But, being very young myself, I am not experienced and I cannot lead him well. Again, the ONLY thing sustaining me is that I feel the Holy Ghost as I make decisions, and I know that the Lord will not fail me.
 
In fact, yesterday was a day themed around President Holland's talk, "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." The Lord gently calmed my aching heart and told me He would provide. That day, we found and talked to 4 really solid people. 1 accepted an invitation to come to church and exchanged phone numbers. 1 said he was a christian and would come to church without the number. 1 said he believed what we said, but exercised his agency and chose not to listen. 1 chose not to listen, but took a Book of Mormon and is reading it (I pray). All in all? That took about 45 mintuse. It was amazing how the Lord gave unto us success.
 
Thank you for all your prayers. I hope you all had a good Christmas and have a New Year's resolution that will draw you closer to the savior. My resolution? BAPTISMS. Yeah. Japan'sa gonna be baptized.
 
I love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment