Address

Elder Samuel Mischa Chun
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi-ochiai,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
161-0031
Japan

If you mail a package, you also need to list a phone number:
81 3-3952-6802

For those using www.dearelder.com:
You need no unit code or other information besides his mission: Japan-Tokyo (be sure not to click Japan-Tokyo south!)
You can continue to use this service if you load money to the account. Each time you send a letter through them, they charge you $1.10, which is the amount of an international stamp.

PLEASE WRITE TO ME!!!

When you write a letter to me, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, since it is much easier for me to respond by email!

Thanks so much!

Week 9 - September 14, 2013

Ok. I have a ton to do and very little to say today. Sorry for those looking forward to a Corinthians-like epistle (I know how to say that in Japanese!)

I apologize for the miss-communications in terms of departure. I leave THIS Monday at 4:30 in the morning. ok. clarification done.

This week, I had a lot of miracles. My favorite (is that bad?) one was when I suddenly got quite sick. Right after gym time on Tuesday, I got horribly sick. I was achy; I was exhausted; and it was incredibly hard to concentrate. Granted, I had prayed and asked for more diligence, so I took this as an opportunity to develop it. That day, I got a blessing; in the blessing, I was told I'd recover and had some amazing things promised to me. I was very grateful to Heavenly Father for the priesthood. Anyway, next day I was pushing through everything. I didn't sleep well, but refused to sleep in class or during any study times. Others were a little distracted, but I wasn't going to excuse myself for my illness. I had too many examples of pure diligence in my life, from scriptures and personal experience. So, during lunch, I ate quickly and very little, and tried to take a nap to gain some strength back. I couldn't sleep, but just rested. I heard my district leader and my companion discussing that I had to rest. I laughed inside my head and said, "My brothers (referring to scriptural, divine, and earthly ones) went through much worse than this. I refuse to rest." Then, after lunch, we went to study.

I read Elder Uchtdorf's talk about slowing down, and doing the important things. This pricked my heart a little, because I was trying to stay the same pace while sick. But, I put that prick out of my mind and continued to study. As class began, and other companionships went into the other room to do the role-play, I turned to Elder Simmons (my companion) and asked what he wanted to do for companion study. He thought for a while, and suggested we go into a different room. We went, and he said he thought I should rest. I said I had been thinking about it, but didn't want to offend the Lord by telling Him, "Sorry. I'm a little sick, so I wanna sit out on the work of salvation." After we discussed, we followed the advice of Richard G. Scott and prayed for guidance in our decision. After, we discussed some more, and I felt impressed to follow upon the decision my companion made. He, of course, chose that I should rest for the rest of class and return for the devotional. I said, "Alright. Let's pray again and ask Heavenly Father if this is good. May I offer the prayer again?" He said, "If you so desire."

So I prayed. As I prayed, I was overwhelmed with utmost gratitude. Heavenly Father had heard a prayed I didn't dare let myself ask. Of course I wanted to rest. I was sick; I was exhausted; I could barely concentrate on anything in front of me; I was aching; and I had not slept. But because of those I look up to, I didn't ask if I could. I simply tried to push on harder. As I prayed, I thanked Him for His matchless and infinite love; I thanked Him for a companion sensitive enough to the spirit to realize I truly wanted to rest; I thanked Him for permission to be human; I thanked Him for Jesus Christ and His perfect example.

So yeah. It was amazing. I know Heavenly Father loves me, and I know He loves everyone just as much. So I have to go and teach them this Monday.

Waku waku desu.

Sincerely,
Elder Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment